Monday, June 18, 2012

New Uniforms!

We both got new uniforms this week! I started my volunteering gig with the Rangers, and Roman got promoted from Room Attendant (room cleaner) to Team Leader. Now he is in charge of a group of Room attendants, and making sure they are cleaning meticulously.

Volunteering with the rangers is really fun, I just get dressed up, walk around the geyser basin and answer peoples questions. I haven't got any silly or crazy questions yet. I also change the predicted eruption times on different geysers, and sometimes I pick up garbage. I also tell people to stay on the boardwalk A LOT.

One interesting fact I aquired while out on a rove was from a teenage boy. He walked past me, with his family and said " our tour bus got impounded and we're stuck here." I'd like to hear the rest of that story someday. At least they are stuck in an awesome place.

We also are going to earn our "young scientist" badge by completing this packet about the Scientific Method in the geyser basin. We get to borrow a backpack with an in-fared thermometer and other cool toys to play with! The activity is 14 and up, but I've got connections :D 



No comments:

Post a Comment