Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lake Yellowstone




Today Roman and I set out to explore Lake Yellowstone. Our car did make it there, but it had a few "tired" moments. We went to Lake Hotel and saw the lobby, and picked up some post cards at the gift shop there. We also walked along the shore and had a delicious picnic lunch with our friends the Muskrats. They were pretty friendly.

Next, we picked up some Hitchikers (our friends from somewhere in Asia that we work with) and went to Bridge Bay. They rented a row boat.... it was funny to watch them try to get out of the marina. We took a scenic boat cruise.

The cruise was fun, but after the ranger told us a few facts that I know are incorrect, I spent more time looking at the smokey blue mountains than hanging on his every word like the rest of the retirees on the boat. We saw a shipwreck and some Bald Eagles. I got sleepy, as I usually do on boats. It was very relaxing. The Lake was calm, and the weather was hazy from the forest fires and from the dreary weather. I had a great time!
Shipwrecked!

Fires in Yellowstone map : http://www.nps.gov/yell/parkmgmt/upload/20120808_1630_allfirestarts.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment