Thursday, September 21, 2017

So... This Is Parenting?!

We stayed 5 minutes too late, Jellybean was screaming in his car seat completely inconsolable. Windows down, bass cranked, I was banging on the car - using it as a drum, and making up a song about how Jellybean is so hungry he could eat a dinosaur, a monster, and whatever else I could come up with to rhyme. Roman was laughing hysterically at my bad poetry and weird song. I thought to myself - if anyone we knew saw us it would be pretty funny! The 3-minute car ride seemed to take forever and we laughed to ourselves - So, this is parenting?!

Image result for funny toddler gif

We tend to say this a lot since instant parenthood is such a weird thing you have to just break it down into moments. Some moments are hilarious, some are heartwarming and some- you just have to survive! Here are some examples:

Experienced:
  • Running with the stroller through the rain at the zoo so you can make it in time for the penguin feeding. 
  • Family snuggle time watching a movie-suddenly I have tiny fingers in my nose and I hear a new word- "nose" yes little mister, that IS my nose. 
  • Sitting in a puddle in view of the playground screaming because the playground is too far away

Image result for funny toddler gif
Observed: 
  • A dad with two kids on bikes at the park "WE are done with the bikes. WE are running away. WE are whining. WE are done." 
  • Any screaming kid at target
  • The dad at the pizza place who commented the slice was bigger than his daughters head- and she decided to put the pizza on her head to test his theory. 
Image result for toddler tantrum gif
What are your favorite "So... this is parenting!?" moments? 

No comments:

Post a Comment