Monday, September 25, 2017

Weekend Visits

Due to a glitch in the paperwork (or something like that), I found out Friday afternoon that Jellybean will be having full weekend visits. So Jellybean will be with his mom in an inpatient care facility Friday through Sunday.

Related image

Talking to Roman about it - because I was not happy- he offered to call the judge that ruled this order and explain to him that he took away all my fun days!!! We were exposing him to so many new experiences that he wouldn't have otherwise. He also is loosing out on the family experience on both ends because I see pieces of my family every weekend, and he is trapped in an inpatient facility which is neither his home or his regular family.

Image result for Judge GIF

I spent the weekend mourning the loss of all the activities I looked forward to doing with him like family movie night at church, the fire station open house, Hopkins Halloween fest, visiting jakes coffee shop, going to the farmers market, zoo days, apple orchard adventures.... all of it. While doing all this in my head, I was in project mode, cleaning up the house and finishing projects that should have been done a while ago. With my mom's help, we finished one quilt and put together another, Roman and I put some high shelves up for a place to hide non- kid "toys", and there was the Czech Slovak festival- which I was looking forward to bringing a certain jelly bean too...

Image result for productive GIF

I also worried a lot about pickup, and after visit behaviors. If it takes him the rest of the evening to calm down from a 3 hr visit, what is it going to look like when he has a whole weekend to recover from?

At pickup, he was happy to see me and left peacefully. It turned out he was the happy little guy he usually is- just with extra tired bags under his eyes, a belly full of snacks (not meals), and glad to have all his trucks to himself. I got extra cuddles and I felt so much better that he was in our house again.

Image result for tired GIF

No comments:

Post a Comment